Friday, October 23, 2009

Zacatecas!




After I spent my night playing Twister, Belly Dancing, polical discussion and Yoga on the roof in Karla's house in Guadalajara... I decided I needed to move on... I had been there 4 days and my objective is to get to Patzcuaro for the Ceremony of 'Day of the Dead' on Novcember 1!

I got on a bus and went up to 'Zacatecas'... This is the northest point I have been to in Mexico...

Its beautiful, its a very pretty Colonial city known for the Silver mine it has and the Museum of Masks! This is CRAZY... you are walking and walking surrounded by masks of all kinds and colors; Mexicans used to wear these masks while performing their rituals....

The shock I had when I went out to the Centre was very noticable!

This is the FIRST city in alllll the cities Ive visited that DOES NOT have colors on the 'calles' and their casas. It felt so weird.... Everything was really big, but ONE color.... Beige... Sometimes white..... All the buildings were gorgeously colonial... BUT THERE WERE NO COLORS!!!!


***This was a WAKE-UP call for me... Lina, you NEED to get used to Colorles-less houses and streets!

.... I am now off to the beach!!!!! I havent been to the beach since September 5... I know this date so well because thats the day I started my full Intense Yoga week.

So.,...Colima here I come..... I need SUN!!























No comments:

Post a Comment