Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Del Mundo Arabe

This post is dedicated to my Nationality, my Origin, my Blood.... My Lebanese self who is fully Lebanese but living and working in Dubai.

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to get me SO MUCH popularity!

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to get me to write "Herman" in Arabic on the arm of an 18-year old Mexican student.... and then "Alfonso", and then "Miguel" on the arms of Alfonso and Miguel.

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to get me to educate Mexicans about the location of Lebanon.... "We share the border with Israel. But we are not friends. We have mountains . We have beaches. We are very open-minded."

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to get me to change some stereotypical minds of Mexicans... thinking that all Arabs wear the veil and do not speak to other human beings.... "OHHH I NEVER THOUGHT ARABS LOOK LIKE THIS!!!!"

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to let me introduce myself as "Lina, Del Mundo Arabe" and then YOU, my Lebanese self, have given me responses asking me OVER AND OVER AGAIN to "say something in Arabic".

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to have Marco ask if he could "take a PHOTO of me because I have never met anyone Arabic".


And finally.........

YOU, my Lebanese self, have managed to get me an "appointment" tomorrow at 1:00 pm in 'Casa Mexicana Room 13' to teach a 19-year old girl how to dance Arabic!!!!

YOU, yes YOU, are gonna be dancing Arabic..... When its been nearly 20 years you havent done that!!


Thank YOU, my Lebanese self, Thank YOU.

xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. u r AMAZINg and you make my lebanese self very PROUD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wlek ya hayati ya Lannoush.

    I am so proud of you and i can visualize you dancing tomorrow in front of people who would want to imitate you when they see you dancing. What i don't understand though is that you're going to dance but on what kind of music. Don't tell me a Mexican guitar for instance.

    Hayati Papy. You are really someone and i feel i am discovering your talents after long long years. Well done.

    PS: I and Mom went back in memories to the days when you were 4 years old and you would not leave the stage at Umm Quwain restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tick tick tick tick tick ti3a! hahaha
    make us proud and shake what your lebanese mama gave you.
    and come to montreal. thank you
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. RESTEKP LINAAAAAAAA!!!!

    NOW SHAKE THAT ASS!!!

    ReplyDelete