Saturday, October 3, 2009

PUEBLA of Love

Puebla, the first real city that Hernan Cortez started his "CONQUEST"....
See, the Spaniards came into PUEBLA from Veracruz and stumbled across Aztecs (in 1519); who believed in their 'Gods of Sun' and 'Gods of Moon' and 'Gods of Fertility' and 'Human Sacrificing' and had NOOO IDEA what today's Christian, Muslim world was.
Hernan Cortes went into a litlle temple and layed his "Statue of VIRGIN MARY" here in Puebla.... Started killing and stealing and melting Mexicanos' Golds.... Here in Puebla.
Here in Puebla is where he started his mission of spreading the CHRISTIAN religion to Mexicans.

I walk and look around and I can't help but instantly be showered with the CULTURE that exists here. For the above reason, Puebla has 2,000 Churches. Puebla has a deep deep Colonial feel with the architecture. NOW and TODAY, Puebla is a LOVERVILLE.

This goes out to my dad!!!
Pap..... you can NOTTTT belive the amount of LOVE there is in this City.... Guys and Girls sit on the STREETS and kiss and hold hands and hug... and woooohoowww, That even made me feel awkward!!!
Infront of Police officers, infront of children, infront of Grandmas.... theyre everywhere....
PAP... I wonder if they have visited SAINT MARY'S BABA before doing such movements!!!!
I love you Pap!!!!!


Now Going back to every set of eyes that I LOVE and is reading this message.....
Remember the two Danish Girls that were in my Dormitorio Room in the Hostel???
We became INSEPERABLE.... From the minute I walked into the room with my luggage and said Hi to them and told them Im Lebanese..... Till 10 minutes ago, when I went with them to the Bus station and Kissed them Goodbye before their voyage to Oaxaca... we were INSEPERABLE.

We cooked, we walked, we read, we exchanged SO MANY stories about our experiences inside and outside Mexico.
Adorable, Sweet, Young and Positive and Real friends..


I am back to being SOLA. Back to being Alone now.... Feels good to have spent time "talking" and feeling loved and surrounded with friends! I leave tomorrow to Guanajuato. and My passion for this country is accelerating in a manner that is unique. My smile is put by 'default', and my appreciation to this country and its people is starting to build a MANSION inside my heart.


I will now post some pictures of the ONLY time I spent away from the girls.. I went to an "AfricaM Safari" and witnessed animals, reptiles, carnivores, and birds from India and Africa.
Beautiful. Breathtaking. and Unforgettable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6oRRhGaO5c

3 comments:

  1. Hayati

    They might not have visited Saint Mary BABA but this is how things happen at GuadalaKHARA and GuadalaKHWATA and these places happen to be very far from Umm Suqeim and Kartaba.

    Question: Are you sure you'll be able to sustain life in the Middle East after you come back??? You've been away for some long time now and between xxxxKhara and xxxxKhwata you're acquiring new habits. So come back please before you get more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3ammo joe i love you!
    on another note: Lina i miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pap the Real.....

    No matter WHAT I see and WHAT new habits and traditions I see... I will ALWAYS be a KARAM.. the one from Kartaba who has a house in Sin el Feel and another in Batroun!!!

    It just feels good to be able to experience what 'others' are like.. That way, you can better yourself... I pick up what I CHOOSE to pick up Ya Pap!!

    I AM YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!! Lets all remember that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete