Monday, October 26, 2009

Mi Viaje- Mon Voyage

I have finally landed in Colima.... and below..... I will tell you a story EXCATLY how it actually happened....

I was having lunch in a coffeshop, yesterday, at this very cool place in San Miguel de Allende. The waiter kept refilling my cup of coffee. Im not kidding, I think he poured me like 9 cups of coffee!!!!! It was FREE!

So I finish what I had to do... on the Computer and all..... and I decide to start walking home.
As Im walking, I see this old lady, who was with me in school in Guanajuato... We talk and talk and asks me to have a seat for dinner! OKAY!

I had an AMAZING time! It was her (around 70 years old) and her friend( like 60 years old); They are just BEAUTIFUL souls... we talk and talk and joke and laugh and it was simply AMAZING!

Anyhow, here's where the interesting part starts.....

We all go to the bus station to see when the next bus leaves to Colima... I wanna go to Colima next.... It looks like the bus leaves in 20 minutes... SHIT RUNNNNNNN.
RUUUUNNNN to Joyce's house and get my luggage and then be back in the station BEFORE 20 minutes!!!

So i RUNNNN out of the station, get in a cab, and quickly tell him,:"Hola, Puesta del Sol numero 27".... So we drive and drive and drive and drive... and I notice that its taking too long!
He finally stops at a "Puesta del Sol Bed and Breakfast".....
Im like nooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I took out my map... and its "Cuesta San Jose" and NOT puesta del sol!!!!!!!!

I have NO IDEA why this name came to my mind.. Inno, to me, theyre ALL just very EXOTIC!!! Del Sol, De San Jose.... WHATEVER, Theyre all the same!!!!

We go back to Joyce's, and get to the bus station... I HAD MISSED MY BUS!!!!!

Tayyib, What to do??? I stood there talking to them..... asking them 'que puedo hacer'??? What can I do???
All of a sudden... the guy on the counter gets this SUDDEN ENLIGHTENED face and tells me RUNNNNNNN TO the bus, its outside, its leaving, NOOWWWWWWWW.

So I RUUNNNNNNNNN after the bus, literally RUNNNNN, carrying my bag, my laptop case, my yoga mat, and my blanket,.... RUNNINGGGGGG to the highway and screaming "OYEEEE, ESPERAMEEEEEEEE"...
Thankfully, he hears me, an the bus stops!!!! and I get in....


Thats NOT the end of it.... because I had to connect in Queretaro, to catch another bus to Guadalajara , that would take me to Colima!!!

That was 8:00 pm... I get on the bus... and theres a cool movie on.... In spanish... so I watch and watch until ZZZZZZZZ, I fall asleep... and the next thing I know, is that the bus driver is waking me up telling me :"SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, estamos aqui"...
I was like OH SHITTTTTTT, I was in my deep sleep!!!!!

I get off the bus... and do my 2 connections....

and HERE I AMMMMMM
IN Colima.... Having breakfast and coffee.... and LOVING my adventure!!!

I amused myself!!!! I amused myself BIGTIME!!!!! I was smiling ALLLL TRIP LONG!!!

I LOVE YOU MEXICO




XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Hayete, some things never really change... spanish, italian, french... hollywood movies, still serve their purpose to put you in deep sleep... Lannouna the "missage" is growing day by day...

    ReplyDelete