Monday, October 19, 2009

Wadi al Hijara

Guadalajara is derived from the Arabic word 'Wadi al Hijara'.
Its the 2nd biggest city in Mexico and it has 8 million people!!!

I am not sure how to describe it exactly, but the energy I got from this city is.... NOT the energy Im looking for....
This is HUUUUGEEE, and I feel TINY. I feel like Im so so little I barely exist. Cars, highways, HUGE building, andjust WAYYYY too many people...
On Sunday, Guadalajara closes most of its streets and opens them for Bicycles ONLY.... so the view you have of ALLL people on Bicycles moving towards one direction??? Wohow!!!

Melissa, the amazing Amiga I made in Chetumal, was talking to me last week..... and when she found out Im going to Guadalajara , she instantly offered to introduce me to a friend of hers living in Guadalajara....

THATS where I am!!! I am at a girl's place... Karla .... who does this normally... She opens her house to travellers of all around the world.... who need a place to stay and are ,at the end of the day, all brothers and sisters!


So I got here and was introduced to Karla and Dave.
Karla is .... wow I dont really know...a teacher of photography in University.,.. she makes documentaries and takes pictures of the REAL Mexico... She is frustrated about the negative image Mexico has out in the media, so she wants to portray the REAL Mexico ... the truth..... She Interviews Mexicans who have a cause, Mexicans who are lawyers, doctors, have done something!

** Last night, I was taken to the side by Karla... who offered me a ring (an artesania made by the Indegenous people of Jalisco), and told me that she only gives things to travellers who she feels are special... She also supported my 'who 'journey' and told me good things


Dave is.... wow, seriously...... When I asked him what he's doing here.... He told me :"Im here to collect soil from Veracruz and test the bacteria inside . I will take the soil with me to Canada and compare it to the bacteria in Canadian soil"

WHATTTT? Soil??? Soil???? Dave is Bio-something.... He works on plants and bacterias and regeneration of tissues and genes and DNA....


The women have more makeup, The women take care of themselves fashion-wise, the city is somehow 'glamorous', the people are less friendly, I am hearing more English-speakers and people here ACTUALLY understand English.


... Im happy doing simple Mexican things with simple Mexican people right now..... Its beautiful..... its just NOT me:)

I leave today.




xoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment