Saturday, September 26, 2009

EHpiritual



One of the reasons why I chose Xalapa is that its up north..ish..... and actually because of the interesting places around it... in the state of Veracruz.

Thursday morning... I catch a bus... and I go to CATEMACO.... which is a 5-hour bus ride from Xalapa... known for its lagunas, beaches, and "spiritual" side... Catemaco is a village that believes in witch doctors... and is full of "brujos" .... witches performing ceremonies and stuff like that!!!!!

Its SUCH a pretty village... its a small town filled with colors (AGAIN) and shares a lake called "Catemaco Lake".

My hotel is in the middle of it all... it has TV and Internet!

I watched TV after almost 2 months of being absolutely cut off from the Television Industry!

I caught a boat tour around the Catemaco lake and that was beauuutifulllll. I saw Iguanas, Monkey, a crocodile, and many many colors.

Here is the interesting part...... On my arrival here, The hotel people recommended a "SENYORA" that is a Brujo and is willing to perform a spiritual cleaning..... on ME.

I go to the senyora's house, and I spend 10 minutes talking to her and FREAKING OUT... the woman has decorated her whole house with statues of Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ .... but SKULLS of them... holding a hammer!!! Its just sooooo weird.... and scary!
Its all about skeletons and hammers and dark and black and WOHOWWWW. I told her I will come back tomorrow... and I FLED!!!!

The next day, as I was having breakfast... someone else comes to me and asks me if I want to do a Spiritual Cleaning!!! So I said yes... and we went to the "senyor's" house... THIS was different... his house was decorated in real Jesus Christ and Virgin Mary statues... I felt better!
I did the Spiritual Cleaning.... he basically prayed on me... while holding an egg... and some parsley.... and spraying something on me.... thats minty! I felt no difference whatsoever! Im just happy I tried it:))))))

On my way back.... I met this 17-year old girl... shes sooooo cute!!! we talked and talked... and met at night for some dinner.... She wanted to go party... but I decided I need to be the mature one and Go SLEEPPPPP.....

My bus leaves at 1:00 today.... and I go back to Jasmine, the cleaning lady, who wants to take me out and show me Xalapa!!!! WOHOWWWW, I have a friend!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Papy

    Your stories about your spiritual cleaning sessions are like nightmare stories.

    How dare you go to places you have no idea about? I am so convinced you are so courageous not only because you've taken up this adventure but also because you are always ready to take risks. If i were you i would be scared to go to unknown on my own !!!

    ReplyDelete