Wednesday, September 23, 2009

HA- la- pa



















I packed my Rice, my Pasta, my Vegetables, my toilet paper, my Ketchup, my Oil, my EVERYTHING I own in San Cristobal. With 2 luggages, one for the food and one for my clothes, my yoga mat and my laptop , I was ready to go!

The bus ride was very cool, for once I fell asleep all throughout the 11 hours!

I get to Xalapa Bus Station, and it was all smooth. I get to my Hostal and they were expecting me..... So I have to carry my 2 HUUUGE luggages up to the SECOND floor, with no elevators of course!!!

I check in.... and ask for my "free" breakfast.... it looks like its Beans with some Tortillas! I look at her, Jasmine, and I tell her,... THANKS but you know?? I think Im gonna go out get some breakfast.... Im not sure how my Yoga-full body would take beans for breakfast....
So I walk to Chedraui... the Carrefoure-wannabe in Mexico.... and I buy all my food for lunch and breakfast....

Anyhow... I walk around the city and THIS is what Im thinking.....
This is HUUUGE, for me, coming from the cozy village of San Cristobal.... there are cars!! TWO lanes of cars kamain.... a Traffic police controlling the cars, people on the sidewalks, people with guitars singing on the streets , vendors selling all kinds of food, Music IN MY EARS constantly.... Theyre just so creative with the instruments they use....

Personally, I found it SO MUCH like Montreal... Its beauuutifullllll.. and it turns out my Hostal is RIGHT in the middle of it all!
I cook my lunch, eat, have a siesta,,,, and head back out....


**** I would like to note something!!! After lunch, I MADE A FRIEND!!! Its Jasmine, the cleaner of the Hostal!!! She asked me if I'd like to go out with her tomorrow , her day-off, to the movies... I said YES...

I finally met one man... who is very Mexican, and maybe maybe maybe GAY (I saw a lottt of gays here).....
His name is Charlie, I had coffee with him, and talked about his passion for Italy!!! He is learning Italian now, and he dreams of going to Italy.... Very nice guy... Who had to leave and see his parents....coz he had missed them!


I walk some more.......and .....
They have an alley..... SO jimmayzeh-style..... full of pubs... so I sat there ... and had a glass of wine!!!!
I felt a bit weird, and maybe alone? ..... and was suddenly hit by the feeling of SLEEEPPPYYY, LINA YOURE SLEEPYYYYYY... GO HOMEEEEEEEE.

Thats what I did.... I went home.... Slept like a baby.... and thought of my "date" tomorrow with Jasmine! I would like to see Xalapa from the eyes of a real Xalapenyo!




3 comments:

  1. you know tuesday came and went.... nada nothing niente.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "maybe gay" Charlie... Does he read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. blublu skype date saturday morning or wooot? gimmi time and ill be there!

    ReplyDelete