Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reminders .....

A couple of points that really raised my eyebrow... that really made me THINK... and THINK about the way I have been living in the UAE... just THINK and Observe....

1) As I briefly described earlier... Ariana lives on a mountain... with FIFTY steps that you have to climb before getting to her hut/house!
On the way up, you see alllll kinds of things.... Ducks, chicken, cats, dogs, lizards, birds, mosquitos, many many mosquitos, iguanas, stuff that Ive never ever seen before!
Well, well, Ariana and I woke up yesterday and discovered that the chicken layed her eggs!
The first batch cotained 8 eggs, and the other batch containes another 7 eggs!!!!
REAL fresh eggs!!!!! THAT, mi amor, is gonna be our omelette for Friday morning!

2) Ariana, Becks, and I had spend alllllll day at the beach...after our 1st Yoga class and before our 2nd Yoga class... I got burnt!!!! Although I was sitting under the [Palappa].... We took a truck back home... and as we got there.... and as I was complaing ¨OHHH, I really got buuurnntttt¨... Becks shouts out ¨do you want some aloa vera??¨I was like OH YEAAHHHHHH I would looove some lotion now....
Becks walks out, carrying a plant!!!! with a knife!!!!
She cuts the plant in half... and tells me that THIS is the Aleo Vera she meant!!! I had never seen this before!
Yes I did.............. I applied the slimy insides of the plant onto my body!

3) There are no Telephone lines in this whooooole city! Even if you have a mobile... forget about it,... no signal will catch... there is no Telcel and no Moviestar!!!
Theres no Internet. No television. No cable. The cars all look alike. Its just one brand....


4) Mexicans will remain Mexicans......Just the fact that as you walk down the road, you are BOUND to get a Buenos Dias, or an HOLA.... this just gives them Mexican SUCHHHH a great Characteristic!!!!! A real Flavor! You can feel it everywhere, you can smell it and live it everywhere ........ Here in Mexico!

3 comments:

  1. Ya papy

    Isn't it time that you go back to civilization ???

    I can't wait to see you back in San Cristobal or better in Dubai.

    Am so happy for you and while i am happy i am as well so concerned about your safety. Now whether you like or not, i don't care. Finally, i am your father and you still remain my little and only daughter even if you're 60.

    Mom & Dad with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is when you travel that you notice how superficial life can be in the UAE (or big cities). Too many people are afraid of the outside world, yet nobody knows that everyone is just like everyone else.. Simple people that carry on with their own lives!

    Enjoy the simplicity of life, I lived a few moments like that, without anything and that's where the change from inside starts!

    Smile, spread the love, and stay happy :)

    I, from my side, will go walking again on the Camino de Santiago, and give a free hug to whomever needs one!
    CHeers!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Aloe Vera great? I took experienced the slime of the plant once and loved it! The real thing baby!

    I hope you also tasted oeuf a la coq fresh from teez el djejeh. Marianne prepared some for me when I visited her en pleine campagne last year. Soooo good! yum yum.

    I'm so happy for you with the stuff you're living. Allah yi7meekeh always!
    mwah!

    ReplyDelete