Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One VIVA and one Finale

YES... the day the Mexicans were finally freed from the Spanish conquistadores is TODAY. The whole town was fully prepared for the fiestas ... they really cherish this day and THIS I am LUCKY to have witnessed.
I started noticing Mexican Flags all over since last week, every shop, every house, every place... they were decorating and decorating UNTILLLLL.... Last night... September 15.... Of course, its a day off, so ALLLL houses suddendly became empty and EVERYONE was out on the streets... The main location.... The Catedral... or the Zocalo.... They all walk there, and stand.... and at 11:00 pm.. they start SCREAMINGGGG VIVAAA MEXICOOOOO, Viva La Independencia, VIVAAA VIVAAAAA.
Needless to say, the whole area is covered with colors, flags, balloons, markets, games, fireworks... and ITS VIBRANT.

I went out with my friends from the school.. to this pub, Perfidia, and drank and drank, until it was time.... so we all walked there where I witnessed the Passionate Mexicans.

Today , this morning too.... the roads were all blocked... and the was a HUGE parade of the Military, the Army, singing and Marching, and then the KIDS, dressed in a certain uniform, marching and also singing.... People were gathered on the left and right side of the sidewalk.
*** MAY I please add a note here..... and THIS , I was told from my teachers... that basically, the parade was so much shorter than usual... and people are really LESS than all the years... LETS ALL GUESS..... Its our Dear Friend... THE SWINE FLU!


Its sad to know, but its the truth.






Now, to the second point Id like to share.... This is my last week here in San Cristobal. I have completed 4 weeks of Spanish Studying and Living in this gorgeous place..... and NOW, its time to continue my journey.... I have gathered what I need to gather and I feel very very very ready to head out. I can TALK, I can communicate, I can ask for things, I can speak about things, and I can understand what people are telling me.


Today, My teacher told me that I am a VERY VERY EXCELLENT student, and hes very proud of me.. and he thinks.... that in one month... I can't learn more... Ive used all my resources and have grasped it all... OF COURSE, I am yet to learn SO MUCH more about the language... but he says that in one month... Ive used it all and used it wisely.
This makes me happy, and more confident about my travel.... I guess I have accomplished my goal... El Espanol....

Whats next??? I will be going to the state of Veracruz, which is the east side of the coutry, and its where we have our EL GOLFO DE MEXICO Sea. I want to stay in Xalapa, its basically up on a mountain... because I hear its waaaayyyy to Humid there.. and I am not her friend... the humidity!






SO.... I am currently living the final days of San Cristobal and I am fulfilled.





1 comment:

  1. GO FOR IT SISTA!!! Do it!!!! Do whatever you feel you want to do!!!

    Much Much Luuuv From the Land of the Thai! :)

    ReplyDelete