Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My 1st Day

There are so many ways to describe today... to me... briefly... I would say PERFECTOOOOO

I woke up, had never ever slept so peacefully; and had my breakfast alone.
I got dressed and walked down to my Escuela/ School with absolutely nothing on my mind. No expectations. No limitations. No thoughts. and literally FREE of any thoughts.

The school is probably the prettiest school Ive seen. They have a policy of having FUN while learning. So they built the school with a patio and a garden and a kitchen so that the students can have unlimited amounts of organic tea and coffee. The classes are small and all look out to the garden. They also believe in the importance of light. They said that with no light, one could get depressed!!!! TRUEEEE!!!!
cHECK OUT THE PICTURES!

I had my 1st class at 9:00 am with my 1st instructor, Gabriel;
Gabriel wanted to see my level and so we started with small words, and ended up having mini conversations. My shirt is blue, Your shirt is blue, OUr shirts are blue. My family is in Dubai. I would like some cheese, I would like more water. I would like a ticket to Dubai.
It was sooooo much fun and the time flew so fast!

He told me that Im great for a beginner...

AT 10:25 the bell rang!!!!!
and so as I walked out, I met this girl... shes fromAmerica.. and shes a teacher here... She mirrors me... in terms of leaving her life, family, job, boyfriend and settling in Mexico. She had planned on staying 4 months... Shes now completing 2 years!!!!

The bell rang again...and I was called to my 2nd class....
Here, THIS was INTENSE.
My teacher, Rafa, or Rafaelle, started off speaking slooooowlyyyyy with siign languageeee and loudddlyyyyy so i could understand...... and ended up telling me that she thought I was zero! But I was great for a beginner!

We had FULL-ON conversations.... My mother lives in Dubai, she is a housewife. I live 6 blocks from here, and i dont like the cars, I prefer walking. Im bored of routine, Im happy with my boyfriend. He is funny and he lives far away. Latin America interests me.
bigger topics!!!!!


The bell rang again!!!


and I have homework!!!

The City is AMAZING! The streets of San Cristobal are so so narrow and they are shared! between pedestrians and cars,.... The road is tiny ( its a one-way road for cars) and on each side of the road is like a half a meter sidewalk for pedestrians... so if one person is walking up, and the other is walking down, we have to move for each other!
I find that so cool, coz you get so many smiles on the road!! Inno oooops, I will move for you, here, take a smile!

THE COLORS! Oh LOrd the colors! I took pictures and Im gonna post them now! please check them out!!! THIS IS SAN CRISTOBAL!!!
The houses are so short; theyre also all the same height! So as you look from far, you see a narrow colorful place FULL OF LIFE!

THIS IS SAN CRISTOBAL!

8 comments:

  1. everything looks so pretty :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!! simply amazing hermanito!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT TOOK YOU A TRIP TO MEXICO TO REALIZE THAT LIGHT KEEPS YOU FROM GETTING DEPRESSED?? EH REMEMBER THAT THE NEXT TIME I OPEN UP THE CURTAINS IN VILLA U2 !!! HEIIN 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhaaaa!!!!!! Oh so true my brothers and my sister-in-law!

    There was point where I was walking, and smiling, and my heart just hurt me soo much!
    I seriously dont think my heart is equipped to handle such prettiness.

    Im serious.... It aches! It hurts. I feel it! and then I smile:)))))

    Now you should alllll visit me!!!! Help me in taking things in!

    Por Favor???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya Papy !! in your message you're mentioning that you met that American teacher who left everybody behind and came to spend 4 months in Mexcio but ended up spending 2 years. !!!!!!

    This is really worrying me.

    I hope you'll not do the same. Txx Alayki; we already miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mi Papa...

    The Americans might know how to do it, But I can assure you inno the Lebanese do NOT know how to survive without the FAMILY!!!

    Seriously!!!! Its just something were born with!!!

    Jamailak Bayyeh!!! Hayete I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO BABY YOU ARE SO FUNNY!! HAYATE BABY I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete