Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fin de Semana Dos




My spanish is getting harder and I am only getting more serious.
Today, Saturday, I started studing from 11 till 4:30..... NONSTOP... And that really really killed me and made me feel like I wanna go out! Imagine the silence in my house... I dont talk, theres no music, theres JUST me and my head!!! the Spanish wannabe one.

At 5:00 I hit the streets; and come to think of it.... I did a lot!
I visited the Museo Cafe Museo... This is a museum PLUS a coffeshop; About the origins of coffee; Where it comes from, About how there are 26 sects of Indigenous people who master coffee-making (out of the 54 sects of Indigenous people)..... the whole family is involved. They all go out to the lands, pick up the beans, clean them, dry them, put them under the sun for 48 hours, and sell them..... I then had the BESTTTTT cup of coffee.... Seriously... it had Cinnamon in it, bass wohow!!!!

Then, I walked some more and arrived at the Museum of Amber...... This is a museum decribing how Amber is made, where from, and the fact that in the Old days it signified power, and strong social importance. They basically found Amber on the Tomb of the one and only KING PAKAL ....

I walked out of there , and there was a wedding!!!! One that COULD NOT EVEN compare to MY BROTHERS wedding to his Beautiful Bride!!!! (It was gorgeous, but STILL, Kartaba was seriously better.... I sat, I watched, I took pictures, then I felt awkward and I left)

I wanted to visit the Museum of Jade, but I thought ENOUGH museums for today.... I guess Ill do that tomorrow!!!

I saw a very cool guy playing an instrument.....he actually MADE this instrument from a SAW (you know, the one that cuts the tree) and an arrow!!!!! And the sound it made??? WOHOWWW, it was really beautiful.....

I feel happy, coz I feel productive!
This feeling.... productivity...... I just LOVE it!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lina!

    I just found out your blog and admire your courage for dropping everything and changing your lifestyle.

    I have also done the same, quit my job in UAE, and am preparing to go on a world trip in just 5 days with no plans apart from trying to capture beauty through my camera lens and travel writing to share the world culture.

    Good luck in your quest! I'll be following your blog. Come and pay me a visit too if you feel like it :)
    http://theworldtrail.blogspot.com/
    http://canvas-of-light.blogspot.com/

    Cheers!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. A New follower.... a total stranger!! WoW never thought of THAT.

    Hi Daniel, Thanks alot for your comment...Good Luck with your journey... Dont let that little voice in your head affect the passion you have. GO for it, coz you will end up waking up one day, looking around you, smiling, and NOT regretting a minute of it all..... all while smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Lina!

    The voices in my head have long lost the battle, especially after I went walking the camino de santiago earlier this year that made me take my decision (800km walk.. changes a life).

    Good luck to you too y tal vez nos encontraramos en algun lugar en el mundo, te deseo buena suerte en tus viajes!

    Cheers! :)
    Daniel

    PS: How I found your blog? Through your friends tweeting about you ;)

    ReplyDelete