Friday, August 28, 2009

Maria y Enrique

Well, I didnt really post much earlier coz of one reason... Ive found my routine here in San Cristobal.
I wake up, I walk to classes, I leave school, I go home, SLEEP for half an hour, I cook, I eat, I study for 2 to 3 hours and then hit the streets.... Thats what Ive been doing every single day.
Im not sure how healthy it is for me to develop this SIESTA routine, but when in Mexico , You should do like the mexicans! I mean, theres nothing on the streets coz everyone closes from 2 to 4 anyway!!!
I also developed this renting DVD habit from a cool Mexican woman named Marta... well Marta closes from 12 to 5... I ask her why??? She tells me Quiero Comer!! I wanna eat!!!

HOWEVER.... remember this American girl I met on my 1st day of classes??? Well she invited me over to her place... She says its gonna be Karaoke night... and I dont even know who is gonna be there.. so since 12:00 I was REALLLYYY contemplating whether i should go or not! And indirectly being LINA, ... telling myslef "oh its raining, oh I dont have an umbrella, oh Ill just tell her I fell asleep..... BUT NO NO NO LINA NO! Youre here to CHANGE, remember? For the better! So I picked up my bag , and off I went.... to her place!

Stangely enough, During my 6 months of self-learning Spanish in Dubai (with my Calender at work, remember?); LIZAAA bought me a Spanish book about the story of Enrique y Maria!!!
YEAH WELL, her name is Mary from Philedelphia, and she left her life in America and is now living with her Enrique!!!!!!! NICE!

There was me, Enrique , Mary, Beth and Pete (my friends from the Canyon), and another couple Brian and Megan; and one British girl Helen and another retired American woman who is now teaching at my school!

Microphones out! TV set up! and the 2 groups are formed! Blue against Red. I was Blue and BLUEEEEE WONNN.
I had the tIME of my LIFE , we sang, we talked , we chilled, and I met a set of lives that I would have NEVER imagined meeting! English teachers, retired people, and a cute couple who are in love just talking about WHY MEXICO?

WOWWWW to the things you MISS OUT on when youre ....... just NOT up for trying!!!!!

Different lives, different stories, different reasons, GOOD company, ..... GOOD LIFE!

4 comments:

  1. Aiwa baydee!!! I hope you keep that up when you get back here!! Which is when might I ask??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha officaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we miss you!!! lek ta3 la hon ta chouf!! and blubla akhoumanyoukeh again and again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWWW to the things you MISS OUT on when youre ....... just NOT up for trying!!!!!

    The proverb of the Century!!! GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete