Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ard el Arz/ The Land of the Cedars

OKAY Everyone, I have to say something... or ... ask for a favor...
PLEASE watch the video Ive attached of my cousin Joey.
I am from, Ard l Arz, a beautiful country inside out, but the way I see it, its roots are weak. Its roots are weak; and he goes on describing his personal experience living away from his country and this faded image he has of it (Nido kibrou il wlad il sghar); and the recognizing that "Nous sommes tout soeur et freres".

I did not give him justice with this description; but please watch it!!!!!


Basically, It was the weekend here in Montreal, and my cousin and I went up to Family house... where the whole Mallat Family resides. and we spent an amaaazing day, had lunch, sat outside where the weather was acting very nice to us, spoke in Arabic/ Lebanese, ate lebanese food , and continued the evening throughout midnight, with the young cousins,,,,

2 comments:

  1. Papy

    Is this Joey? Can't believe he has grown so tall. Wow; he is a real man now with lots of artistic talents. Allah Yihmi and mabrouk for Ghassan and Nina for having brought up such a kid who was never able to say "Batteekh" while he was eating watermelon.

    Looking at Joey, i realize how old have i become.

    Love and kisses to the whole Mallat clan.

    ReplyDelete