Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dame Amor. Quiero Amor.

Middle aged men and women, Children of all ages, Grandchildren, Granddaughters holding the hands of their grandfathers, Teenage funky presence, hippie influence, Artis in all shapes and forms and colors.
Indian, French, Brazilian, Argentinian, Cuban. Salsa, Flamenco, House music Internationsla DJs, and LIVE Bands performing on the street. FrEE for ALL ; Every soul on the street is invited to watch, sing along, and dance the night away. ON the steets.
An audience so THIRSTY yet so FULL of ARTS.

This was a Slight, minor, and sooooo-lacking-more description of what I am experiencing EVERYDAY for the past three days on the streets of Guanajuato.
Guanajuato is now finishing off a 2-week MASSIVE internationally known YEARLY event called the Cervantino.
It comes from' Mr. Cervantes' Spaniard conquistador ' . This HUGE festival started 37 years ago in his honor; Guanajuato specifically and only celebrates the Cervantino festival by collaborating , EACH year, with a different country around the world.
This year, it was NONE OTHER THAN QUEBEC, ... Wow I have goosebumps. How did Guanajuato know that I will be landing on its 'tierra', after having visited mY People in Montreal.??

I I have been missing from the Internet Scene for like a week. Well.... I did SO MUCH , so much i SERIOUSLY SURPRISE MYSELF!
From Guanajuato, and my 2-week Spanish Reminder course, I went UPPPPP to Zacatecas, then down to San Miguel de Allende, then to Colima, and I went to Manzanillo beach and decided to come BACK to Guanajuato.... Mainly because of FRIENDS.,
I had spent my last days in Guanajuato earlier with the 2 girls.... The Argentinian and the Italian...And so, Them ......in addition to Cervantino made me decide to come back!
The come-back was AS HILARIOUS as ever! I had the TIME of my life missing my bus.... I was LAUGHING LAUGHING BURSTING OUT Laughs in the middle of the streets ALL alone!

I came on Wednesday night and ever since..... I have:
1) Gone to a massive Comcert of Flamenco dancers. Straight from Spain. With music, dance, guitars, clapping, much lights, so much people, Stage and THE WHOLE indescribable experience.

2) Gone to another massive House, electronic, Beat bass, Dj from Montreal. People, lights, NO lights, I Danced like there is NO TOMRROW.
****My FRIENDS: heres a message for you... you know who you are.... HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3) Have lived like a true Guanajuatonense... I almost work now! The girls work in a shop, an artisana and clothes shop.. and I am going to work WITH THEM at 5:00 and spend the whole day with them in the shop till 9:30. We either go out, or just have dinner and go to our homes.

HERE I am.

This is HER. This is SHE. This is ME. This is I. This is 'Lina Del Libano'.







xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. pictures and videos ya lina :-)
    ....... i miss u !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful update so full of sunshine, laughter and love. It's great Lina! Enjoy your time to the max, thta's how it SHOULD be lived! La Vida no nos espera, vive tus suenos!

    I am also living in the "spanish atmosphere" too for the past week, enjoying Barcelona to the max!

    Besos y hasta luego!

    ReplyDelete