Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Por Un Camino Rico... I Have

Here I am.....Physically, mentally, soulfully, passionately, emotionally, sensationally, intensively, actively, Here I am.

I have reached a stage in my journey that requires me to 'look back'.

I look back to what I have done and accomplished, I look back to where I have been and what I have seen, Where I woke up and where I slept; What I talked what I smelt; and I cant HELP but SIGH deeply.

I AM HAPPY.

- I have made 18-year old friends.
- I have missed my bus, slept on a bus and awoken by driver, ran after my bus.
- Discovered that a cockroach is walking on my hand, while I am trying to sleep in Guadalajara.
-Noticed the unfortunate event of posted ads saying "MISSING" with a face of a kidnapped person.
- Studied so hard and reached a level that can make me manage my way with a pure Mexican.
- Lived with a Mexican family for 4 days.
- Eaten Mexican food and fell in love with Frijoles and Picante; I love chilli!
- Gotten my Yoga groove back like a Mad Woman.
- Made AMAZING AMAZING friends who are staying with me for years to come. Have connected with them in SO many ways and forms.
- Witnessed the 'La Kinciniera' culture.
- Done a "Spiritual Cleansing' with a witch doctor
- Been and stayed in Carribean, the most beautiful water in this WHOLE world.
- Been to Indigenous villages and seen the real true pre-spanish people.
- Been to a village with 365 churches.
- Witnessed the Cervantino in Guanajuato.
-Been to the Pacific coast 3 working days after a major degree-5 Hurricane called Hurricane Rick
- Lived with a 75-year old woman.
- Met TRAVELLERS. Real Travellers.... who have answered my simple innocent question of "How long have you been travelling?" with an answer such as "Ive been travelling for 8 years. 6 years. Since I was 16. "
-Most importantly, I have become a Traveller. I believe I will 'Siempre' be a traveller. Travelling and sailing smoothly throughout the different scenes and locations and vibes of Life.
- I have become a TRUE traveler; whose ingredients are : One bag, One yoga mat, One computer, One Passion and UNLIMITED belief .

***Belief in oneself! Belief that theres something OUt there for me. Its calling and Im gonna GO FOR IT. I wont shut up. I wont accept the "NORMAL " way of being. I will question.I will keep going. I believe. I strongly believe.

I have , I have, I have, I have..... I have done it!!!!

I have done it all, By myself... All alone....
and I would do it again and again and again....

I belong here, THIS is it; I have not even jet-lagged for one day;
Its like, I landed here, landed straight on my 2 feet and immediately started running! Running !

I have taken my dose; My dose of happiness, my dose my nourishment, of fulfillment, I have learnt so much; Its beyond description.
I have changed my point of views, My way of thinking, my priorities in Life, I have changed my outlook on Life.
I have been blessed to have been able to do this.


*****


Its time to go back; To what is waiting for me.

My family. My family deserves to have me back; they have been by my side this WHOLE time. I have never felt away from them. Not ONE DAY. 18 hours away, But so very very close and WITH ME in my heart. My dad's comments on facebook, his funny comments that reflect his beautiful personality. His adoring wife that sticks by the family and unites it. My beautiful Brother Nadim, That I missed living with, under one roof! Bumping into him in the house! and hearing him ask :" I want to eattt, What there is foodddd?>???"

My Family-2 . My brother, the father-to-be; who is also been a constant reminder as to WHY I should go back!!! Tenemos que placticar en Espanol hermano mio!!!! I'm so so so excited I will have a Spanish -speaking Family Brother of mine.
His wife who, Bless her, is going through so much right now, that I feel like I should have been with her! Ana asifa!

My friends. My 2 sets of friends. The Lebanon gang who I keep getting BEAUTIFUL flashbacks of our memories in My Country. The mountains, the roadtrips, The chilly and The talky , everything SHALL BE REDONE!

My Dubai set of friends; I am so very aware of the weight you have in my heart. I have underestimated it, HONESTLY, But ya no! I have missed you so much.

My Man. Who stuck there. Day in and day out! Im still surprised he could do that!
I believe we did not skip ONE 'Good Morning' or 'Good Night' or else....... " bi kassirle ijrayyi! Hes the man in the relationship"... hahahahaha

My house! I have been living off of a suitcase for 4 months; and i WANT SPACE. Give me Space! I want my bed, I want my Closet, I wanna put my stuff in the closet! I forgot what these things look like.

My Canada crew. My cousin and my bestfriend Leez of the Linda....I remember this night like it was yesterday.... We were chilling at Leez's house and I had to catch my plane to Mexico ALL ALONE... and I was so emotional that I could NOT sit still. My face was all lightened , And i had butterflies in my stomach. You WERE THERE. You let me go! Gently and lovingly.


Its time. Its time to go back.
Im ready to do this. Im ready. Im ready. Im curious and Im curious.

Slightly like the curiosity that I had before my arrival in Mexico... But this time.... Im curious as to experience LIFE like its supposed to be.



--------------------------- But I have bought a 2-way ticket. Im coming back to Mexico!








XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX

6 comments:

  1. my favorite part of all was the ending! "I bought a 2-way ticket. im coming back to mexico!" haha did NOT expect to read that.

    pass by montreal when u go back to mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a beautiful piece to read!!! Baby inte just come back for now and then we'll see about going back!! WE NEED YOU HERE FOR NOW!!

    WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read your adventures Lina :)

    All I wish for you is: You became a traveler, please... Never forget it and REMAIN one. It's so easy to fall back in the shitty routines of our busy lives back home.

    "Faites que vos reves devorent votre vie, avant que votre vie ne devore vos reves"..

    Buen Camino caminante..

    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a cockroach on ur hand ya lina!!!!!!!!!
    ... this is what i got from all of this ... hahahahahahahah.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Papy

    I have you told yesterday on Skype what do i feel vis a vis your above mail and i don't have to repeat that i feel so proud of what me and mom have brought up in you. Oh God, you've grown up so quickly and you're so mature now.

    Come back dad, and we're all here for you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Siempre a Traveller.
    Siempre 'Por un Camino Rico'
    Siempre aiming at having a "Rico" journey. Siempre!

    ReplyDelete