Sunday, December 13, 2009

Labneh oh Labneh

"Eid il Labneh"... the birthday of Labneh it was!!!!

My friends and I went to " Zico's House " in Hamra... in a little road thats actually hidden, and truthfully is a HOUSE that is turned into a gathering of little events and artists and exhibitions and stuff like that...
This house has the traditional Lebanese look; the very very high ceiling; with the beautifully shaped archs on the balconies, and a gorgeous terrace with old and ancient trees...
This house was celebrating "Eid el Labneh"....

People are supposed to be very stylish/ creative/ original/ with their Labneh creation.... and with the existing Judge Panel, the WINNER IF THE LABNEH IS CHOSEN based on
1) Look of the Labneh
2) Concept of the Labneh
3) Taste of the Labneh


Lina, Charbel, Rana, Pia, Raoul, Mike and Elie walk into "Zico's House" and we were all starving and CRAVING "shee sa7in Labneh".. It turns out... NO HUNGRY PEOPLE NO.... This is NOT a restaurant... This is a Tournament.. so we're all like "wwwwhhhaaaattt?? wain il Labneh???:(((((("

NOW to the real part.... Due to my hunger...and my passion for Labneh... I was nominated to go to the "JURY" and be a "JUDGE" for the Labneh teams...

Here I am... discussing and debating the taste versus the look versus the concept to my fellow judges.... in a closed room... we're all smoking cigarettes while discussing whose Labneh was the Best Labneh....

and .....

and......

I get out.... I hold the microphone.... I CLIMB the chair..... and I introduce myself to the whoooooooooole audience.... and I present the verdict... whilst explaining the logic behind our decision....


It was the FUNNEST NIGHT I have had in ages!!! I felt like I was 15 years old.. pretending to be an older character!!
My friends were cheering with high and loud voices, clapping...

the audience was going craaaazyyyyy, because IT WAS FUN!

We decided that team number 3 was a potential winner but ONLY LOCAL and in the Middle East,.. because we had 2 members in the JURY that were from Bulgaria and Tokyo, and they did not confirm! So Team number 4 would do a better job for exporting but Team bumber 3 would do great LOCAL... hahahaha

ANd listen to the best part...


As you know... We follow (actually I follow) the philosophy of "You are what you eat"... and as team PHARMA LABNEH had the theme of "Labne-dol" and "Labne-C" like Panadol and Vitamin C.... We hope that we are ALWAYS Healthy with what we eat... With this Labneh, we hope that we will be happy, healthy, and always ENJOYING LIFE'S OFFERINGS

and THE WINNER IS ........... TEAM number 1

(croud chearing) wooohoooowwwwwwwwwwww AHHHHHHA yyeaaaaaaa wwoohoowwwwwwwwww




fifteen.... FIFTEEN... I felt like I was FIFTEEENNNNNN

I had a smile on my face, a smile in my heart, a smile in my body, I was surrounded by MY PEOPLE... TALKING my language and my accent..... FIFTEEEN






XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment