Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Always Libano




Its true....... the meaning of a "city" is a heavy sensation you instantly feel when you walk its streets, and look around the buildings and its locals.
A 60-year old man speaking to his old friend....sitting next to a mother reading a book to her child;
and a friend meets her friend for a cup of coffee,
and the young crowd choose to pass by a nightclub ,
and the walker and the jogger and the shopper....

The tree that speaks its age; the mountains that gather snow, the Coast that shines and glows , are just a part of my Journey in Libano.

A Rich City .

I parked my car... and started walking in 'Saifi Village' area... Just me and my music...
I was sooooo impressed with the little streets, that take you to alleys with shops and mini-parks, and seats, and flowers.

I went up to my mountain village, and spent a day up there in the FREEZING cold. Literally freezing with semi-snow. I cooked my vegetarian food and shared it with my friends.

I went to the Arabic-est of the Arabic restaurant, who had a "moutrib"/ singer, and a belly dancer, .... Of course, we cant' forget the 'Tabla' the Arabic Drums instrument and the dancing and singing. And the Lebanese Mezza..... the one that takes up the whoooooolleeee table!

I got stuck in Libano Traffic... The rage on the streets, wowwwwww, is something that might be seen as 'scary'. My Lebanese people still share the same driving instinct. Although I have to admit, the traffic signs have been put up people!!!!!

I shared the sensation of having to run down the stairs to put up the 'dijincteure'; or having the Electricity CUT in the middle of the fine winder heavy raining/storming day.
Having said that, the rain is hence 'connected' to the Internet. If the rain starts, the Internet stops.

I celebrated the day of one of the local Lebanese dishes, our Labneh.

all of that.................,

...................would be considered the feeling of a CITY. This is MY CITY in MY COUNTRY.








xoxoxoxoxox




1 comment:

  1. BIAAAAAAAATTCHHHCHCCCHHCHC!!! i fuckin miss you!!!! we're going to new york for new year and i think you should come!!! i will need a spanish translator :) man i miss u!!! and i miss labneh :p byebye

    ReplyDelete