Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How the mixture happens..

I left My friends in July... a very very important stage of my life... I had taken the decision that I AM GOING. and I AM DOING THIS... I am leaving to Mexico and I am so passionate about it.

I return....5 months later,.,.... .. here, now, ahora........

To me, I have returned, with full force.

Its so weird because we can see the tangible difference between the girl who left, and the 'mujer' who returned.
I am appreciating Mexico's affect on me, with everything that I go through. I feel it. Daily.

I have been spending every waking minute with MY FRIENDS,.... These are the people who are part of me!

My best friend who has been my best friends since we were kids. He had lived all his life in Venezuela but at the age of 12 , his family moved back to Lebanon. And we met.... in our Mountain Village.. why??? Because we are from the same village!
His house is practically 5 meters away from my house. I used to call his name out loud, from my kitchen to his room.... we used to communicate like that!!
Now??? I return and we are actually speaking in Spanish??!!!! whattt????
To me, Charbel is the Arabic speaker, the English speaker.... so as soon as we started talking in Spanish , I felt really lost.... I couldnt believe that THIS IS HIM!!! Its the same person!
Its beautiful.. we are now constantly, I MEAN CONSTANTLY, talking in Spanish.. But he is doing the Venezuelano accent and I am sticking to my Mexican accent...
And I tell you... they ARE different.. its like you are saying Lebanese and Jordanian!!!!
and I looove the fact that , now, I know!!!!



My 2 girl friends... who Im so appreciative of the fact that My 2 girl friends are girls who are also boys.. You see? In their bodies, They have this vein ...This vein is called the 'Crazy Vein'... .and we have so so so much in common, its crazy!!!

Put us all together in one room..... My Charbel. My Rana. My Pia. Myself... And you get this very very weird combination of Laughter and Joking and Weird Behavior and Random Talks and Arabic and English and Spanish and Spirituality and Yoga and Women Hormones and Achrafieh and Awkar and lots and lots of Love.



I had missed this feeling. I am now reunited with this feeling.








xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox




2 comments:

  1. hrrrr... bienvenida a tu casa de nuevo... Y ha sido un placer conocer a la nueva Lina que habla mi lengua! Te quiero mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hunniiiiiiiii :) :) :) :) :) who makes me feel sane again? who? who? I LOVE IT and I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete