Thursday, June 25, 2009

Passport Equals Nationality

I have just received my passport (delivered to my office) STAMPED with a 5-year USA Visa.
This means that I'm now done with 3 , and am left with 1....
Basically, I spent the whole month of April getting the Canadian Visa, The whole month of May getting the Mexican Visa, the month of June (today), i got the USA visa....


Two working days ago, I got up early, and went to Trade Centre where the American Embassy is located. Search number One, Search number two, Please leave your bag here mam, Please do not carry a bag or a mobile, Please carry your documents ONLY with you mam....
Anyhow... from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.... Im sitting and waiting for my freakin turn.
12:31 pm comes, and Im called for the interview.
This American man who also speaks French...
- Ca Va?
- oui ca va merci...
- Vous etes Libanaise?
- Oui oui je suis tres Libanaise...
- Ah Le Liban, comme je l'aime... Im going in 2 weeks , Ive been there 3 times. My friends reserved in Yabani,. and the Element; I just love Gimmayzeh, were also going to Mysk. So where are you from?
- Im from the mountains.. Jbeil.
- Oh the mountains is such a different place, comapring it to Ashrafiyeh ot Hamra. You know, Since you work for Virgin Megastore, I love the Virgin Megastore in Downown, its so big, it has everything you want. Last time I went, I got intriduced to a Lebanese band , its the woman from Soap Kills, her name is YAS, you should DEFINITELY get her, I am obsessed with her, Ive been listening to it everyday , and I keep telling all my colleauges about it.
Oh and by the way your Visa has been approved, I went ahead and gave you a 5-year visa. Yeah, so make sure you get that CD its called Arabology, here, Ill write it down for you....


I shit you NOT, I swearrrrrrrr it.. This is IT. WORD BY WORD. this was my interview with the Amercan Embassy for my Visa.

I just needed to wait for FOUR hours with the weirdest-looking people , waiting in line, in the room, with the Iranians watching the Iranian protests on CNN, searched, and holding nothing but my documents!... ........ .... Nonetheless..... LEBANESE AND PROUD OF IT
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment